Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Allowing God to Lead

One morning I was starting to have my devotional time when I felt inspired to write a blog post. I had just been reminded of a painful situation in my life. And I realized that although felt alone with the pain from this circumstance - that I was not alone. Others out there are suffering also. And so I anted to write something that would be encouraging to others going through pain and suffering.
I love how these kinds of posts are written. I feel as though God is giving me just the words to say. So I began to write. After about 3 paragraphs - my mind began to wonder a bit and I became concerned about what Scripture verses would be of most encouragement. And I began to look up a few things. Although it was a blessing to spend the time in my Bible - I have to admit that I had begun to rely on myself for the wisdom to write the post and by the time I figured this out- the inspiration for writing the post was gone. I needed to learn- relearn and important lesson- I need to totally depend on God.

Later in the day when I was not even thinking about the post - guess what happened? God brought the verses to my mind that He wanted me to use. God supplies our needs(Philippians 4:19) We don't need to depend on our own wisdom- all we have to do is to follow where God leads.

Next time that God inspires me to write something- I will allow God to direct me and then I will be doing His will. I will be depending on Him. He will supply my needs.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories