Thursday, October 13, 2011

Words...part 2

This whole idea of being careful of how we use our words is not a new idea. Paul tells us in Colossians 3:17:

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Whatever we do, we are to "do it ALL to the glory of God"(emphasis mine) 1 Corinthians 10:31 When you think of it like that, it really does show the importance of what we do and say.

David realized this truth when he said:

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your Sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalms 19:14

James tells us to "be doers of the Word, and not hearers only.." (James 1:22)

He understood a very important truth and that is "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away" (Matthew 24:34

The Bible is as relevant today as the day it was written. I am so thankful that we have such a special Book with all the answers that we need. And through the power of Jesus Christ we are able to follow the words and directions in the Bible.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)