Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Mission Field: Here and Abroad

(a piece of their money that I got at church)



A group of about 30 people from our church went to Zambia Africa for a mission trip. They had about 8 different site set up to present their sermons. Each site had anywhere from 200-500 + people.

While there my friend gave a Bible to a young boy that was about 12 years old- his name was Lucky. He had helped her carried about a 50 pound bag a long ways. When they got to the site he asked for a Bible. She had 5 with her to give away. Well not too long after that the elders came dragging Lucky back to her. I guess they thought that he had stolen the Bible. She let them know that she had given the Bible to him. Then one of the elders said Miss Melinda - you don't understand - alot of the elders don't even have Bibles.



Well that sparked what has happened since then. She decided that when she got back that she would collect Bibles to send over there to the people.

After I went to her house and looked through alot of the photos and heard a lot of really neat stories -I decided that this was something that I wanted to be a part of. I have had 5 Bibles donated and then I stopped by Goodwill today while I was out and about - and I found 4 really nice Bibles - and come to find out the books were on sale - half price - so I only had to pay about $ 1.00 each. I had a very nice extra Bible that I have put into the pile so I am up to 10 Bibles.



I am so thankful to be able to be a part of this. I may not be able to go on a mission trip to some far away country, but I can gather Bibles together to send over there.

Some people are called to go to far away countries to be missionaries. But I am a firm believer that there are many more people who are called to be missionaries right where they are, to those around them. Just sharing about what Jesus has done for us is something that we are all called to do. When we share what God has done for us - we share of God's love for us.

So today what I would like to ask for is prayers that we will be able to raise enough Bibles that are needed at this time. And pray for the people of Zambia. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat thing to do--you can support the trip and the good they did by helping with the Bible project. Have they planned or set a date that they will mail over those they have collected?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know if she has set a date as to when to mail the Bibles over yet. But I will see what I can find out.
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision