Saturday, October 1, 2011

Value= by Doing or Being?

Good Morning - I thought I would re post this since it is something important for us to remember in this world that is always pushing so many of its standards on us. The worlds value system is opposite from God's value system is. And I for one, want to keep my eyes on Him and realize that the world's value system is not something that I want to worry about.
********
Recently I heard a great program on the radio - I think it was one of the Hope for the Heart programs. By the way, if you have a chance to listen to Christian radio - do so - it is great. If you do not have Christian radio in your area here is a link to our local station KCBI. There is a listen live button and you can also go and check out the programming. Lots of great stuff.
Anyway the one I was listening to was June Hunt talking to someone about their self worth. This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. We are bombarded with the message that we have to fit some high standard to be accepted, to be of value and it is just not so.
June Hunt asked the lady if she was human doing or a human being?.... Just think of that for a bit...So many times we are lead to believe if we are good enough or if we measure up to this standard or that standard - doing, doing, doing enough - then we are of value. And this is just not right. Think of the word being for a minute - it is not an action verb. It is not what we do that makes us valuable.

"And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him. He created them male and female." Genesis 1:27

We were created in the image of God. And not only did He create us and the world around us; but, He loved us so very much that He came down to this world and lived a sinless life and then died on the cross for our sins. That is how very valuable we are to Him. Now that is value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)