Sunday, October 16, 2011

Looks Like We Have Some Coolness Headed Our Way!

It is the middle of October and look at our temps. Oh..but I am really looking forward to Tuesday!! We would be able to open up our windows and leave them open for a while - well only closing them if it gets too cool in the house. I love when it is cool enough to open up the windows and keep them open.
I am not sure if I shared that last week a snake was in our chicken pin. Scared me alot. I carry my cell phone in my pocket when I got out there on purpose - just in case something like this happens. Well my husband took care of it. I was so thankful that he was home and able to take care of it.

Then last night I opened my back door to go put the chickens up and what is on the bad door seal- a snake - this one was only about 7-8 inches. But it too scared me, enough that I made a yell or something and slammed the back door. Here I was feeling sorry for the wild life - with there not being much rain. I have done what I can to keep things watered around here. And maybe unintentionally I have been keeping the snakes alive too. Or they love hot dry weather. I don't know but I have seen more snakes lately than I like to be seeing.

I decided that today I will be cleaning the area beside our sunroom, there are a lot of leaves that have piled up there. So I will be pulling the leaves out of that area and taking them to my garden area. And maybe if I clean that up - that will help keep the snakes a little further from the house. I sure hope so. You know I would sure like to sit on my back porch and enjoy this cooler weather and not have snakes scary me to death.

Ok enough complaining for one day. I hope you all have a great week. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am TOTALLY with you--I hate snakes! Doesn't matter how big or small, ALL of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision