Monday, October 3, 2011

No Coincidence

This week while I was running errands, hear a verse that really got my attention; so much so that I quickly wrote down I 26 3. Later when I arrived home, I looked it up and loved the verse. I posted the verse on Facebook so it could bless others as well.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

Isn't that an awesome promise?!

Then during our sermon on Sabbath the preacher referred back to this verse. He is doing a series of sermons on 2 Peter 1. This week he was talking abut self-control. And by the end of the sermon it was very clear that in order for us to have self-control we need to not have our focus on ourselves but on Jesus.

"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest... Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker. He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory." DA 331

I don't think it was a coincidence that I just happen to hear this verse on the radio and I don't think it was a coincidence that it was used in the sermon. God knew that I needed a reminder of how to have peace -keep my focus on Jesus and trust in Him. Sounds good to me.. How about you? :o)

1 comment:

  1. I really like that verse. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories