Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blue and Yellow BOM #1

I am going to attempt each month to share my Block of the month. That way those of you that may have the template can have a new quilt block pattern. I may not go into as much detail each month but I wanted to at least start off the year with a more thorough post about it.
This year we are using Marti Michell's templates Set B and D. If you don't already have these - they are a great investment to those of you who quilt. I have had mine and used them for a long time now.


On this first block - these are the templates that are used.


Here are my fabrics. I am sure that there are many ladies out there that have plenty of fabric in their stash to make a block.


It called for 4 of this 25 - so I folded the fabric in half(making sure to fold it the direction that will work) and will cut two of the templates - making it a total of 4 pieces.

Many of the pieces of fabrics are where you can fold the fabric in half and cut out two pieces at time. Some it works better to just cut one piece at a time.

Be careful to pay attention to what pieces you will need from each fabric- sometimes you need several different templates cut out of one piece of fabric.

Here are my pieces all cut out!

Next I will lay the pieces out to make the block:

Many times you can then look and figure out the best way to sew your block together. But it is best to be careful because sometimes they can be very specific of how it needs to be sewn in order to go together the best. That is where the directions come in really handy. So you may want to glance through the directions before you get started.


Here is the finished block. I look forward to seeing the rest of the blocks come together. Next BOM will not be till Nov 11th - so be looking for the #2 BOM sometime shortly after that. Normally BOM for me is the 1st Friday of the month before the 1st Saturday of the month.


Since I have my BOM done for the month - I will now look and see what other projects I can work on. What do you have going on in your sewing room? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking