Thursday, October 27, 2011

Every Day Things

As I stood in line at the grocery store, I could not help but notice the way the couple in front of me were acting towards the bagger. At one point the bagger put a bag that had the eggs in it onto a bag that had meat in it - and the woman said- "Are you stupid?" to the girl. The look on the girls face was shock - she did not understand why the lady had been so mean.

I can imagine the bagger pushing the basket out to the car and as they approach the car - bumper stickers like "Honk if you love Jesus" are plastered on the back bumper. And I can imagine the girl thinking - if this is what a person acts like when they love Jesus - I don't think I want to get to know that kind of Jesus.

Our mission field include the every day things that we do. How we treat those that serve us. Even road rage or just hateful driving can turn people off from God -especially if they recognize you as a Christian or see Jesus stickers on your car.

As we spend time with our heavenly Father and we allow Him into our hearts- that is when His love will start to fill us and we will realize the importance of loving those around us. Even if it means just accepting actions from others that may not be what we wanted.

How much easier it would have been for the lady above to just say to the girl bagger - oh I will get those eggs and place them where she wanted them?

1 comment:

  1. Words carry such weight! I just spoke to my children about this topic a few days ago, when disrespectful words were flying...Good post, great reminder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories