Sunday, October 9, 2011

We've Got Rain!!

We are finally getting rain! Glorious rain... It has been a long time since we have gotten this kind of rain. You know the steady rainfall. It has been wonderful. We even have puddles in our yard.

In this photo you can see part of our dry creek bed. Of course the section just to the left of the tree in the photo is where the dry creek bed that I put water in every day when the temps were in the hundreds.

When I went to let my chickens out and to feed them - I had to wade through some water. I can't complain though at all - we have been desperate for the rain. With good sized cracks in our yard and with a good amount of our grass dead. And my poor oak tree that has probably died. I say probably cause I am hoping for a miracle. It is my favorite tree - the one that I have several bird feeders handing from. You know - it can't die - I need it.


When I went into the chicken pin, I discovered that we made a bit of a mistake on how we did the tarp on the chicken pin. This time we pulled it down and connected it to the dog run- between the dog run and the shed - well we should NOT have done that. It did much better last time when we pulled it back and then the rain would run off of the shed on the sides instead of coming in that crack and getting alot of the little bit of dry ground wet. It was so nice to have it dry - especially going into the shed - so I could gather eggs and all on dry ground. So once this rain stops we will have a job to do - get out there and figure out how to change it. Until then - I will have to go through the muddy mess.

My poor little chickens don't know what to think about that rain. I am glad that we have half of their dog run area with a tarp over it and an igloo - cause it gives them a place to get out of the rain.

Well I hope you all have a good rest of the week-end. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision