Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just Shy of 2 Years

Hello everyone~ How was your week end? Mine was actually a quiet one. I was able to spend a good amount of time in my sewing room.

I did not know it was possible but my husband made my sewing room even a better sewing room. He hooked up my laptop(that I did not use very often-cause I did not want to mess it up) to my TV in my sewing room. Now - I can surf the Internet looking at the big screen or I can go to Netflix and watch a movie - while I sew.

This week end I watched a movie that I have heard a lot of people talk about - well enough that I wanted to know what all the talk was about. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" So if there are any fans of this movie out there please explain to me the hype with this movie. It was ok - but not like a favorite and when the movie ended - I did not have the feeling like - this movie improved my life and I don't know why I went so long without seeing it. It was more like - ok. Anyway - anybody want to share about it - feel free to do so.
***********************************

Well I am sharing this next photo for a couple of reasons.
#1 This week end I have been working on a project in which these fabrics were used in order to finish out a quilt. I have the last border to sew on, but I will be sharing a post about this quilt later this week.

#2 I wanted ya'll to have some time to imagine what the quilt will look like



#3 Notice the date - December 5th, 2009 - This is the date or really close to when I bought this fabric- The blocks had been finished probably at least a year before this - well all blocks but the last one - which was was lost(I ended up having to make two blocks to finish out this quilt - and with the help of my Mom we were able to pull fabrics together from my stash in order to make up the last two block) Anyway I have some quilter friend who feel bad because they have some BOM blocks - just sitting waiting to be made into quilts. And after I saw how LONG ago I had bought this fabric, I just had to share it. About 6-8 months ago I spent hours and hours cutting out all of the pieces in order to put this quilt together.


************************************************


A prayer request - our neighbor, who is 80 years old was outside on about a 12 foot later using a chain saw to cut down large limbs off of one of his Oak trees that had died. It seems that a lot of trees were lost this year. It has been that dry. Anyway he feel - my son just happened to be fixing to leave to go play basket ball and he saw this gentleman fall and told his friend to call 911 - as he ran next door. My husband seeing my son run across our front yard - new something was wrong an he hollered at me - to pause the game he was watching and grab a phone - I asked what happened but did not quite hear him - I though my son or his friend had gotten hurt. Well when I went out the front yard I figured out what he said. Well this man - had a cut in his right ear - so there was blood on the side of his head. It is a good thing that my husband has had EMT training and worked with the fire dept. Cause he went and held c-spin - I think is what they call it - basically just try to keep the man laying down and keep his neck still. Let me tell you this neighbor of ours is always going and doing thing. He is 80 years old but acts so much younger. Anyway an ambulance came and got him and took him to the hospital. Poor guy. He does not like to be down. It will be hard for him. We are praying that he will be ok and not in much pain. Please pray for him~ Mr. G. as well. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. The fabric is pretty, and am looking forward to seeing your finished product. Glad you were home when the neighbor needed you! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories