Friday, October 28, 2011

Pedestals - For Floral Decorations - Not People

Since I have been talking about the mission field, I really feel the need to add one more thing.  I really think it is important for us to remember that those that do go over seas on missions trips are just as human as we are. And they are just as capable of making mistakes as we are.

I think that sometimes we tend to put people up on pedestals and then when they disappoint us, which they will - if we have put them on a pedestal - we could be devastated.

Truth be said - we are all human and capable of making mistakes. And we need to be willing to extend mercy and grace - just like our Heavenly Father does. This is only possible when we have allowed the Word of God to change us and fill our hearts with God's love and when His love flows out of our hearts - it is much easier for us to extend mercy and grace.

1 comment:

  1. So true. Something I didn't realize for a long time. I think we all tend to put missionaries or other people that we see do great things for God up in this "they are much holier than we are" category. But they are just like us. We can ALL be used by God right in the area that He wants to use us. . . whether that is a visible area or not.

    Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog. I am really turned inside out over this decision. It is not even a HUGE life changing decision--just something that I do not know if I should take on or not. I will tell you more later. I so appreciate your prayers. I am willing to either take it or not, but just do not see clearly what I should do.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories