Friday, July 15, 2011

Trying to Beat the Texas Heat

Yesterday we got our newest electric bill. On our electric bill it always tells an average daily high. Guess what it was this past month? 107.2 I told you it had been hot here.


This summer I have finally figured out how to handle it better. I have spent a lot more time in my sewing room than I usually have been able to. It has been fun to be able to get some projects done that have been just sitting around waiting to be done. It has been fun. I have even tackled a project that has intimidated me for a while. It felt good to figure out how to put it together.

Here is a photo of what I was finally brave enough to put together Well I have sewn on the squares to make the pockets, but I have not finished it out yet. I need to get some fabric for the backing. I am so proud that I was able to figure out how to get the the squares sewn on.


Good news is that I have plenty of projects in my sewing room to keep me busy for a while! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Quilting inside an air conditioned house is a GREAT way to spend the hot summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision