Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Does Not Want to Break This Record

Ok - I am reposting this because I need to edit some information. That is the only problem about getting information off of the internet - you don't know for sure if it is accurate information. While I was watching the 5pm news - I saw the actual information that caused me to come and edit this post.
Ok - it was 42 consecutive days of weather 100 or more. With a total of 69 days of 100 or above temps.

Well you all know how hot it has been around here. Hot enough that I have lost 2 chickens due to the heat. We have had no rain in like forever, it seems. I have also shared how we were already in second place as hottest summer in like 113 years. I think I also said that I would not be surprised if we broke the record this year. Well I think I was wrong- after seeing the information below - I am praying that I was WAY wrong.

WEATHER SCOREBOARD as of July 19, 2011
Number of Days of 100 degrees or higher in DFW in 2011: 25
Consecutive Days of 100 degrees or higher in 2011: 18
Consecutive Days over 100 Degrees in 1980: 42
Total Days Over 100 in 1980: 69

And here is the forecast for the next week:


Don't let the chance of rain fool you. In the area that I live - we have gotten nothing. Yesterday, when I was leaving work, I felt a few sprinkles. That was amazing and if it had not been 102 degrees outside I would have stayed out and enjoyed the sprinkles for a bit.




We are still praying for Rain. I had heard a sermon on Elijah and how he had said that there would not be rain and James 5:17 tells us it did not rain for three and a half years. That would be miserable. When you are in the middle of a severe drought that really hits home for you. It is bad enough that we have not had it for a couple of months.


I continue to praise God for our AC that works and keeps us cool. And I am also very thankful for running water. With out these two things, life would be miserable. Sometimes we take for granted things because we have always had them. We need to be thankful for the many blessings that God has blessed us with. And when things are tough - that is the perfect time to start listing out those blessings. May you all have a blessed day! :o)

“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” G. K. Chesterton

"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted." ~Aldous Huxley

1 comment:

  1. I will continue to pray for rain for you, and for a break in the heat as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories