Sunday, July 10, 2011

So Dry

Well this morning I went out and weed eated the small areas that were some what green and growing. Our yard is pretty pathetic right now. It is sad when it is easier to go weed eat than to mow the yard to take care of growth. This is the second time that I have weed eated the areas in order to keep our yard under control.

It has been SO dry here. I know I have said that before but it is sad to see the large cracks in the earth. And not only that but to see the animals that come to where I put water out for my chickens. Last night on my way to shut the chicken up for the night - I saw a opossum - he had been getting a drink.

As I was working on weed eating the yard this morning, I was wondering how much rain we would need to get just to fulfill the earths need for water right now. And then my mind wandered to the fact that when we go with out our time with Jesus - that our souls begin to get dry. And that there is a place in our hearts that only Jesus will fill. How many times do we try to fill that spot with other things? And all along our souls cry out for the rain of our soul - Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. So true! GOD is the only One who can fulfill both our heart needs and our physical needs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1