Monday, July 4, 2011

Finishing a Project/ And the Dry Conditions

I finally finished hand sewing the ALL the binding onto this quilt and yesterday I washed it and hung it on my clothes line to dry. The sun was so bright - I think it distorted the colors a bit, but it is close enough.

So I want you to notice something else about this photo. We need rain! Can you tell? Our grass is about brown except for the areas that our aerobic system(like a septic system but it cleans it all up and sprays water out onto the yard) hits.

At the top right hand corner is our burn pile - from all of the work that I have been doing in the yard. This past week or two I have not been doing quiet as much as I had been there for a while. But I have gotten weed eating done and weed eated a lot of tall grass from around the burn pile. I am also trying to keep up with watering my trees and flowers and my chickens too.

It is so dry outside we have cracks in our ground that are like almost an inch wide in places. That is so sad. Yesterday afternoon we started to hear thunder and the wind picked up a bit. I even went and sat on my back porch because I did not want to miss it if we got some rain. Oh! but first I went and got my quilt off of the line. My cousin let me know that it was my fault that we did not get rain - he lives about a mile or so down the road and it seems that around us got rain but he did not and we did not either. We were very disappointed.

Not only because our grass is brown did we really want rain, but the fact that where we live a lot of people like to shoot off fireworks and we really do not want a fire. And believe me with the grass being so dry it would not take much more than a spark or so to start a fire that would quickly get out of control.

Yesterday it seems that a lightening strike started a fire just outside of a nearby town. That too is a bit scary when it is this dry. But we pray and ask God for protection.
*****************

Oh and I heard on the radio the other day that 236 counties in Texas are under a burn ban. Now that is pretty serious stuff right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1