Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bean Salad

I am reposting this recipe. This recipe has become a staple for me lately. I love this salad. It is easy to make and it is nice and cool and a great meal.
This recipe was found on page 86 of "The Optimal Diet" Cookbook. Lots of great recipes in here as well!


Bean Salad



1 - 16 oz can cut beans, yellow(I have never found these so I use Dark Red Kidney Beans)


1 -16 oz can cut beans, green


1 -16 oz can kidney beans(Light Red Kidney Beans)


1 -16 oz can garbanzo beans



1/2 cup green bell peppers, diced


1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced


1/2 cup celery, sliced


1/4 cup parsley, minced (optional)


1/2 cup onions, finely diced


1/3 cup lemon juice


3 T. olive oil


1/2 tsp. salt


1. Drain and rinse beans.

2. Mix beans, peppers, celery, parsley, and onion together in a salad bowl.

3. In a separate bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil and salt.

4. Pour dressing over bean mixture and mix thoroughly.

5. Marinate in refrigerator a couple of hours before serving.


Chef's Tip: You may choose to use 1 1/2 cup measurements of home cooked beans in place of the canned beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision