Sunday, July 17, 2011

Adding to My Avon Bottle Collection/ Learning Something New

On Friday I went by a local Goodwill store and found two Avon bottles to add to my collection.







These two Avon bottles I was actually able to get free. How did I do that? Well when you spend $10.00- you get a stamp and once you get 10 stamps - you get $10.00 off of a purchase. So I was able to get these two bottles free plus a cute little stool. Score!

Next I drove up the road about a mile or two to an Antique Mall. And I would like to tell you about a treasure that I found there. While looking for Avon bottles I had noticed some perfume bottles from California Perfume Co. in the mix. And I had wondered what that was all about. Well I got my answer today. While at the Antique Mall - I found this beauty:

This next photo, I actually borrowed off of someone selling it. Anyway - I only paid $3.00 for mine. And that is great because I have seen it on the Internet for $10.00 - and even up to $25.00. Now I did not get the box with the one I bought. But I wanted to share this photo below because this perfume is an Anniversary Keepsake from 1978. And this box explains why I keep seeing Avon and California Perfume Co 0n stuff - and like the perfume above - Avon is actually on the glass bottom of the jar - as is the 1978.


California Perfume Co. was stated in New York City in 1886 by David H. McConnell. In 1939 the business was renamed Avon Products, Inc. So there you have it. That is why I have seen these two names used.

What makes me mad - is that I wish I had have known this fact a couple of weeks ago. I was at a local thrift store and saw this:

At that time - I thought it was pretty, but just did not know what I would do with it. Now I am thinking - Man....I wish I had have bought it. Cause I know exactly what I would do with it.




We are working towards getting our sun room done. We had to put it on hold for a while - due to my husbands surgery and hospital stay. Anyway we are hoping to get it to a good point this next week. On Thursday my husband was able to get some shelves put up up towards the ceiling on 2 sides of the room. So we have plenty of room to display our Avon collection. My husband is kind of excited about it too - since half of what we have or more actually -are masculine type bottles.

I found one more treasure at the Antique Mall. And I only paid a dollar for it.

So for about $4.35 - I was able to add 4 bottles to my collection. I hope you have enjoy learning something new today. I know I sure did. :o)

1 comment:

  1. That is really interesting--about the name change of the perfume company. I hadn't realized that Avon actually started so long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)