Sunday, July 31, 2011

May NOT be a Good Time to Make a Major Decision

My parents got a divorce back in 1980. And since that time I remember hearing my Mother say several times that there were a lot of divorces back in 1980 and she said she believed that the heat wave of 1980 really contributed to that spike in the divorce rate. Well I have been thinking about this lately since we are seriously working towards breaking that record this year. So I decided to look it up and sure enough she was right. Below is a chart that I borrowed from Texas Department of State Health Services page - marriage and divorce. You can go check it out if you would like. As you can tell the dark or black line is the amount of marriages and the light or gray line is the number of divorces.

One of the things that really got me thinking about all of this is the fact that it has been so hot - we are on day 30 of the triple digit temperatures. And there is no end in sight - see:




Well at least for a week or so. Anyway my hair has gotten longer and I really like it long, but with it being so hot - I have to have it up in a pony tail so often and really don't like my hair in a pony tail. So in the past - when it gets this hot I have usually just went and got my hair cut short and then once it cooled off I would let it grow. Well about the time that it got to a nice length it would be hot again and I would get it cut short again. This year I decided I was going to try my hardest to let it continue to grow. And believe me - it has been hard. I have been discontented and have thought about having it cut. Then I started thinking about how this very hot weather really causes a lot of that discontent feelings and that it is not really a good time to make some decisions - especially the really important ones - like to get a divorce.



So anyway that is my point to this whole post - if you are feeling discontent with life right now- don't make any major decisions unless you really feel moved by God to make those decisions. Because there is a really good chance that those discontent feelings are just being brought on by this heat wave. Pray and ask God to lead in your life and pray for contentment. He can answer that prayer as well. And while you are at it could you pray for rain! Thanks :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories