Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sabotage

She asks what I am eating. I say mixed fruit..and she wrinkles up her nose and mumbles something about liking peaches better..

He is not very interested in deserts and sweets....until now..when I am not eating them like I used to..

Weighing the exact same thing 3 - 4 days in a row even though I have been eating really good and a voice in my head says..oh..you can't lose weight..it's no use..just give up...

What do these things have in common? Sabotage...Yep.. It may not be intentional but it comes across as destructive as Sabotage to me. I think it is very important to be able to tell what things can be Sabotage for you, because if you can recognize it for what it is - it does not have as much power over you.

I think many of us are the worst offenders to ourselves when it comes to Sabotage. I mean seriously just pay attention to the ugly, mean things that you think of, about yourself. The thoughts that I can't do this, I have failed so many times before~ why even bother. Those are very dangerous thoughts to entertain.

The Bible tells us what we are to think of:

"Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

This verse has been a very helpful to me. God knew that in this sinful world we would have problems with thinking of the wrong things and that we would need a reminder to keep our thoughts on the truth. I am so thankful that God loved us enough to leave us a love letter. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I am reading Battlefield of the Mind right now, by Joyce Meyer. Though I don't agree with some of her interpretation of scripture, I have been encouraged to develop a disciplined mind. I am encouraged by your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci~ You make a great point - Sabotaging can be in done to many areas of our lives.
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories