Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Reading Corner

I finished reading "The Long Winter." I loved it! It really helps me appreciate my life.
So I am on to the next book:

I am looking forward to what treasures are to be found in this book.

I always hear that the books are better than movies done of the book. And I can totally agree with that - when it comes to Little House books compared to the Little House TV series. I loved the TV series but one thing that has stuck out to me was the fact that in the TV show it seemed to me that all of a sudden Laura liked Almanzo - as soon as he came into the picture but in the books - I see that she knew ALOT about him. She had known of his willingness to share some of his seed wheat -so that her family would not starve. And she knew of his unselfish act of setting out on the trip, along with Cap Garland, to find some wheat that had been rumored to be out there somewhere. And I am sure that there are many more ways that will stick out that the books are so much better than the TV series was.

"I'm free, white and twenty-one...or as good as." Almanzo Wilder

"Be sure you're right, then go ahead." Almanzo quoting their father

"Better be safe than sorry" Royal Wilder quoting their mother's saying.

(I loved these quotes)

I look forward to reading through the rest of the books. I am going to do my best to set a time aside to read through the rest of these books. I have 2 more series of books that are just sitting on my shelf patiently waiting to be read. What treasures will I find in them? :o)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I totally agree that the books are better than the series and any movies. I have for years. I have to look at the books and films as two different entities, as not really being related because they are so different. I'm glad you liked the books so much, too! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lisa,
    I love these books. Have a blessed week.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories