Monday, October 25, 2010

Unique Journeys

Your journey probably will not look like mine, and mine probably won't look like yours and that's OK. God takes each of us on our own unique journey. And it is our choices that will determine if we stay on the main road or if we have to take detours.

This is a lesson that I have learned lately. I have shared before there is a couple that put on a 12 step type meeting at our church. I have been going to it for about a year or two. It has been helpful to me - to find out what my character defects are. After going to the meetings for a while, I began to feel frustrated - I felt so much pressure. One of the leaders of the meetings would share things that she has learned and how her life is and I would feel like if I did not go in the same route as her - that I must not be making any progress. Well I finally came to the realization that my journey will be different than hers - my life has been different from hers and it continues to be different from hers. I deal with situations totally different than she does and I do not need to feel like I need to be like her. God has a plan for each of our lives and that what I need to do is to submit to His will. And as long as I am allowing God to lead then I will be making the progress that He wants me to be making.

So our journeys will be different but if we are allowing God to lead - then the out come will be the same - we will be in God's will.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I always have said we each have to run our race just as Pual talked about in the Bible. Each of us has our race to run. It has taken me a long time to grasp this. I would read blog and feel I had to do things like someone else.
    I am still a work in progress.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking