Sunday, October 10, 2010

One Step Closer

When I first began this blog, I had no idea of how true the title of my blog would turn out to be. When I finally got to the point of being willing to turn my life and my will over to God, I started to notice some really neat things happening. I could see how God was leading in my life.

Here is an example of something that I have just figured out recently. About a year or two ago, I put a lot of importance in the fact that I was a good cook and that I baked well. In fact, I thought I had an upper edge on a lot of people when it came to those areas. I was a member of the Ladies Auxiliary with the local fire department that my husband volunteered with. We would have once a month dinners at the station. And it did not take long to realize that there were a lot of other really good cooks out there. And I finally came to the conclusion that it was OK - I was a good cook but so were a lot of other people. Where I went wrong here - was that I was basing my value on how good of a cook I was. When in fact, my value comes from God.

Now fast forward a year or two - God has led me to a new life style. If He had not worked on my false since of value a couple of years ago - I would have had a much harder time with changing my lifestyle.

So the very best thing that I have done - is release the reigns of trying to be in control. By giving them to God.. I gave Him permission to work in my life how He saw fit. And I finally feel like I am a step closer to being the real me. And I can't think of anything I would rather be than in His Will, becoming the Child of God that He intended me to be.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific post! It's great when God is in control because He makes sure there's always something new and interesting happening inside us. :) Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Debra (Your granddaughter, below, is a stunning little cutie-pie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are you: A child of the King: a princess.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories