Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Parkinson's Update

Well I know that I said I would probably be taking a short break but I have some time today and would like to share about my day.

About 3 months ago my husband had an appointment at the hospital that he is on the clinical trial for Parkinson's. I shared how I had went with him and had become emotional. I had been handling things pretty good and was surprised about how I had gotten emotional. Well today my husband had another appointment. I was not able to go because I had to work for my son and my husband would already be half way there when he was at work and it would be much easier for him to just go on to the appointment.

Well wouldn't you know it - I became emotional again. I had an appointment to get my hair cut this morning before work and that was very nice. It was nice to go and be pampered for a bit. Then on to work for me. At the beginning, I felt more emotional and then I got busy and got a few things done - in between orders. And at the end when it was time for me to start cleaning up - which was when his appointment was - all of a sudden it hit me again. I wanted to badly just to go home but I had to finish cleaning up and wash up all the dishes.

It will be 6 months before he goes again - but I will have to make note that I need to make sure and spend a little extra time in God's Word and with Jesus for strength for that day. I guess it just makes it more real when he is going to the Dr.

As I was dealing with being very emotional and having to clean up, God brought to my mind, " ..Rejoice in the Lord your God...I will restore the years that the locust have eaten..." Joel 2:23, 25 parts of these two verses. That is Hope - I can trust God. God know the end from the beginning. He is there and I can depend on Him. I hope that if you are going through difficult times that you will turn to Jesus. He loves you with an everlasting Love.

"The steadfast love of God endures all the day." Psalms 52:1b :o)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing--I will lift you up in prayers extra in the next few days. I certainally understand why it would be more stressful when he has a doctor's appointment. Jesus understands, and He will keep you and Jason close. "Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save,nor his ear too dull to hear." Is. 59:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God's peace be with you as you rest in Him! We women do have our moments but praise God He is there to comfort us and wrap us up in His love...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1