Sunday, October 24, 2010

From a Wheelchair

I forgot to share a very important inspirational story that we heard at our Seminar. The seminar was the 2 - 3rd seminar that this Dr had done (and he is planning on doing more). Anyway he told of a lady - that was in a wheelchair. She had come to his seminar and she was determined to lose weight. So she designed a workout that she could do from her wheelchair. She spent an hour every morning doing this routine and an hour every evening doing another hour. And I believe that he said that in a years time period she had lost about 100 pounds.

The Dr. had an assistant for these meetings. She had lost about 50 pounds already, but was still quite overweight. She had some problems with her knees as well. Anyway she went to the lady's house to do the routine with her and she said that it was challenging. Some of the key information is that the lady in the wheel chair would do the exercises - slowly. And she started out with like 10 or 12 movements per arm or leg and then after a while she increased the number.

I know for me - as I exercise I feel so much better. I have to be honest - this last week- I was so busy that I only exercised 3 times. This week I will devote more time to exercising. It is an important key in losing weight.

I forgot a very important part of the story- The Dr. told us that it was important to have something that inspired us to change our lifestyles and to take better care of ourselves. This lady in the wheelchair had a granddaughter that she was raising and the granddaughter was her inspiration. He had us write a list of the things that inspired us. And when ever we got discouraged to be sure and refer back to the list.

This story was very inspiring to me and I hope it will be inspiring to you as well. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. As a woman who is also in a wheelchair I found your story very inspiring.

    Perhaps I could find a way to exercise more in my chair also and shed some pounds as well as feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking