Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Healthy, Filling Breakfast

This morning, I want to share with you one reason why I am so excited about my new lifestyle. This is what I usually have for breakfast - the fruits change around but usually I have at least 3 different fruits.

The stuff in the bowl is Oat Groats - well actually this time I put Oat Groats and Barley in it. I just got some Spelt grain so the next time I make this - I will try some it of - and probably put some Wheat Berries in as well.

Just in case some of you are interested in how I make this:

I take 1 cup of grains - usually a mixture but can be just one. And soak it in some water for several hours. Then in the evening before I go to bed - I pour off the water and I put grain in my small crock pot. (I think it is a 4 Qt.) and I add 4 cups of water. I then add 1/2 tsp of salt. And I turn it on low and I cook it all night.

The next morning I pull out what I want and then put the rest into a container. Then I can just dish out what I want every morning.

I usually put some of the following on it when I eat - dates, raisins, sunflower seeds, walnuts, honey, sesame seeds. The possibilities are endless. And I usually put a little soy milk in as well.

Then the two things that look like sausage - are NOT- they are some patties that I made. I will try to post one of the recipes that I use later today or tomorrow. I found a new recipe that uses Walnuts instead of oil and I will try that recipe next.

So as you can see - I eat really well. And I can still lose weight. Not at Biggest Loser rate by any means but this IS something that I can do for the rest of my life. That means NO MORE falling off of the wagon! And who could ask for anything better than that?

If you have any questions - don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision