Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Slow and Steady...

Good Morning~ I feel I need to share a little more information about this weight loss journey, because I do not want to discourage anyone.

The last time(and several smaller attempts since) I lost a fair amount of weight, I had worked really hard by watching what I ate and exercising for a good month before I lost ANY weight at all.

I realized that I really needed to lose weight after our trip to Granbury, but probably did not start working on it till the first of September. When I went to the seminar, I got some fantastic tools to use in order to help me be more successful..a lifestyle change. I learned that you have to eat enough food to feel full. The skimping out on food only causes my body to lower its metabolism and also I start feeling like I am missing out and then eventually I would fall off the wagon, knowing full well I was doing it and just not being able to do anything about it.

I also wanted to share that the weight loss has tapered off to a much slower rate - which is the ideal way to lose it. In fact, in order to lose weight and keep it off you need to learn to eat healthier foods -to the point of feeling full. As you do that your body does not feel like it is starving and does not go on starvation mode and store what ever it can. So the weight may come off slower but it is more permanent.

I am not sure if I have shared that my sister has also made some changes in her life and has lost 10 pounds! Way to go!! Her weight loss has slowed down as well. We both have struggled with weight problems many years and we both would love to have lost the weight... yesterday. But it took time for this weight to come on...and it will take time to take it off.

So I will continue to make the choices that will lead me to better health. I am not only on a journey for weight loss but also for health.

So anyway I did not want to discourage any of you. Remember the story about "The Turtle and the Hare" ~ Slow and steady wins the race. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! When I began making healthy changes, I felt so much better...and when I indulge in the wrong kinds of food, my body tells me...

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision