Monday, November 1, 2010

This and That ~ Monday

I spent a good amount of time this week end going through my clothes - trying stuff on. Since I had been at the same size for several years or more in a row- I found that I had a whole lot of clothes, really more clothes than I really needed. The good news is that since I am losing weight some of the clothes were already getting too big on me and it was best to put them in the get rid of pile. Then there were some of the clothes that I just did not love so I put them in the get rid of pile as well. It felt so good to be able to let go of the clothes. For a long time I would hold onto things - because I would always have the fear that if I got rid of the clothes then I would need them. Well I don't have room to hold onto that many clothes any more. And I don't plan to be the size that I was at the beginning of this journey ever again. And for the first time I am willing to let go of those clothes.

It is so funny how clothes are - I am learning that if I really like something even if it says that it is a size or two smaller than what I think I can wear - I need to try it on. Sometimes I get lucky! This last week end Goodwill had a midnight madness sale on Saturday night and my sister and I went. We are both losing weight and so what we did was tried to only get things that were a bit small on us so that when we lost a little more weight we could have some cute clothes. Oh and also we are trying to stick with only buying things that we really love! That is important. For along time I think we both would buy out of desperation and then we would not be very pleased with those clothes later. I only ended up buying 5 times, at 50% the already low prices was fantastic!!

And of course as we were shopping we could not help but go look at baby clothes for our grandchildren. Right now there parents don't have a lot of money and that is one way that we can bless them and our grandchildren as well. I lucked out - I think I found about 10 outfits - paying anywhere from $.50 - $1.25 at the most. I may have to take a couple of photos and share with you all later. I was thrilled with the things I found. I am just hoping that the things that I bought will fit her in the season that they are. You know that is really hard to do - to figure out what size a baby will be in like 6 months -a year from now. I only was able to find a couple of things for right now. But I will keep looking.

Well I hope everyone else had a good week end and also have a good week! :o)

3 comments:

  1. How blessed we are with clothes to wear...and Goodwill bargains. Second hand stores are my delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to go with your sister--and that you were able to find things for both you and that sweet granddaughter of yours! I bet they will be able to use everything you bought for her--you can often layer clothes and make your own outfits with them even if they are the wrong "season" when the baby fits them. You know, like slip some pants underneath dresses, etc. I still even try to buy ahead things for Alison--when you see nice clothes cheap, I say buy them and assume they will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marci~ They are my delight as well!
    Susan - I think you will be right. I just could not pass the cute things up and for such a little amount of money for some really good brands!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)