Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's new in The Reading Corner

Remember a while back I shared how we had went to one of our favorite antique stores and I had found these books? Well I was so excited because there was a group of ladies at my church that were going to get together to study this book. Well I had a scheduling conflict and not able to go, but when I found this book I knew that I was suppose to read this book. And for only about $3.something these books were a part of my collection. I am going to read Traveling Light by Max Lucado first. If you are interested in reading this book - you can click into where it is highlighted and actually read if online! I thought that was really cool. I will probably read the other book next. I have had several people tell me that they have read it and it was a great book. I have already read the first two chapters of "Traveling Light." And it has been such a blessing so far.
He speaks of the reason why we are to travel light is because many of us are carrying burdens that we were never intended to carry. What a concept. We need to lay those burdens at the feet of Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. I just read the first chapter of the book. Thanks for sharing! I will be reading the rest of the book. It is refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my copy off the shelf and read it again. Something so familiar as Psalms 23 I think we often do not give it much deep thought--simply because it IS so familiar. But God has some very wonderful instruction for us in these verses. Traveling light. How much easier our lives would be if we would only follow God's counsel, and let HIM carry our burdens--or throw them away, or fix them, or do whatever needs to be done with them!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision