Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sleepy Kities/ Temple of God

It's been a quiet week end here. Of course, whether it is quiet or not - the kitties would be sleeping soundly. I just wanted to share a few photos of some of our kitties. They sure know how to relax.
Well I was able to watch the movie - "Forks Over Knifes." This time my sister and her husband took me. My sister has been such a blessing to me over the last couple of months. When I went to this seminar and learned a whole new lifestyle she listened to me and started she also made the lifestyle change. I have been so proud of her because she did not even get to see the movie or hear the information at the seminar and she has jumped on board and has lost at least 16 pounds so far.

Now some people can lose weight very easily, but for my sister and I-we usually have a really hard time with losing weight. We both have had to work extremely hard to lose weight in the past. But following our new way of life - it has been easier. I'll be honest - there have been times that it has been a challenge or both of us, but we have tried to be of encouragement to each other.
Watching the movie(for the 3rd time - for me) was very encouraging. It really is true that what we put into our bodies can help our health or it can harm our health. I used the phrase - what we put into our bodies - because it is about more than just food. What we drink or smoke can do us a lot of damage. There are many health problems that we could reverse if we just made a few changes in how we live our lives - it is true.
As I watched the movie, I realized how in this world of ours - it seems that many times I find myself swimming up stream. Our bodies are the temple of God. And in order for us to be good stewards of our bodies - we really should take care of them the way that God intended for us to take care of them - from the very beginning. The good thing is that even though I feel that I am swimming up stream - I have God's promises that I can claim. "I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthenth me." Philippians 4:13

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many." Matthew 7:13

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" 1 Corinthians 6:19

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the pictures of your kitties! And the two do seem to stick together a lot, don't they? Are they siblings?
    I'm glad your sis was able to go watch the movie with you. It will help her stick with her new lifestyle, and I love how you are both encouraging each other.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)