Thursday, November 11, 2010

You Never Know What You Are Going To Find

Yesterday I had a little free time - so I decided to go to my favorite thrift store. I have not been in almost 2 weeks and since I am losing weight- I have been trying to keep my eyes out for some clothes that are reasonably priced to help get from point A to B. So I went and I looked through the clothes and wouldn't you know it - nothing. About 3 months ago- when I went to this store- all I saw was the size I am now looking for. Well at least the really cute things were in that size. Now that I am looking for this size - I am not finding anything. But that is ok because I have some stuff and I just need to be thankful for what I have. Well I had really felt that I was suppose to go to this store yesterday so after I looked at the clothes, I went to look at the other stuff. And I always like to look through the furniture. I have seen some awesome things. My son got a great old fashioned radio and I found the cute little table that is at the end of my bed that has the sides that drop down. Anyway when I went to the furniture area I was thrilled to find a over sized chair that matched our couch and love seat!!!

I sat in it and thought it was quite comfortable. I called my husband told him about it and he told me it was up to me. The biggest problem we had was trying to get it home. He has been working 10 hour shifts and his back is really bothering him - in fact - he will go for an MRI today and a Dr. apt tomorrow. Not only all of that but the back of his truck had a lot of their camping stuff in it s0 he probably could not get the chair till tomorrow. And then the question was - would the chair even be there tomorrow.

Also we have a recliner but it is not real comfortable - when we got it - it had some problems and my husband fixed it and now it is having a problem with the leg rest. Anyway we had already decided to get rid of it and so getting this chair would be perfect. But I did not want to get the chair till my husband could sit in it and see what he thought of it.

I decided that we would not buy it until he got to try it out. And that if it was God's will that we got the chair -it would still be there. Now I have done that before and what I wanted was gone. So when I left the store - I was not very positive that we would be getting it. By the way, that was at about 11am.

When my husband got off of work and went by the store - it was STILL there! He liked it and he arranged a lot of stuff in the back of the truck and got it. He did not tell me- I had been on a walk with my sister and when I got home - I thought I saw the shadow of the chair in the camper. I was so excited!!

It is not in the house yet. We have to move the recliner out of here today and then clean up that area and then when he gets home this evening - we can move it into the living room. I am so excited about it! And Praising God for the blessing of not only finding it but it still being there 7 hours later! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I know God was smiling at His surprise for you! :) He knows our needs, He knows our budgets!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories