Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanks :o)

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me today. I made it. For some reason I tend to take more of the deadening stuff - it takes longer to take effect, I guess. Anyway when I was done - I was talking funny. I have never done that before. My left side of my face was numb up to my temple and even my ear. In fact, the deadening has just worn off in my ear in the last hour. And I was done with my appointment at 11:45am. Then about noon - I decided since I had not drank very much water that I would get a drink. Something else happened to me that has not happened before -I was so numb that when I was drinking the water - instead of it going down - it seemed to be going into my nose. I was glad that I only drank slowly. It took a little bit for everything to go were it needed to go. Anyway it is not - 4:15pm and I am feeling some numbness in my jaw but mostly it is easing up. That side of my throat is sore. I will probably need to rinse with some salt water and hope that help soothe things but also keeps an infection from starting up.

When they drilled out the mercury that was in one of the teeth that they were fixing - they found that the cavity was deeper than they had originally though that it was. Anyway I am hoping that what they did will work out - I do NOT want a root canal. They fixed two cavities today. I will be calling later to make an appointment to get the others fixed later. I was just not talking very clear at all and it was hard to talk so I just decided I would take care of it later.

On my way home I stopped and got myself a smoothie- like at 3:00pm. That will be my lunch. I am making myself a pot of lentils with onions and carrots - this is something I love. I made a pan of healthy rice pilaf yesterday so I will probably have it with my lentils for supper tonight. This will not only be my supper but my lunch for the next couple of days. I love making things that last like that. That way I have healthy meals. And it helps me stay on eating healthy. It is when I am hungry and there is nothing easy to eat -that give me a hard time.

I am so glad that my dental appointment is over. Oh one more thing I am thankful for - this dentist is great. She stops ever so often and lets you rest your mouth. They are excellent at their care and I appreciate that. One reason I changed dentist - was that lady that was helping my dentist did not do a very good job at getting the excess water and such out of my mouth and one time I choked. And one more great thing I like about them - it is much easier for me to deal with the shots in my mouth is I am laying down. This dentist lays you all the way down and then does the shots. When the seat is too upright - I have a hard time keeping my eyes shut and relaxing.

Anyway - thanks again for the prayers. God is good and I praise Him for His watch care over me. :o)

2 comments:

  1. How wild! I went to the dentist today, too. *And* I've been so glad it's over, also! heh...

    I just had a filling replaced so it wasn't as big of a deal as what you went through. But still... that area of my mouth began hurting hours later when the novacaine wore off. But my daughter gave me some oil of cloves and that helped, and too, I rested and watched such a spiffy documentary that I forgot all about the pain. :)

    Anyway, I'm rejoicing with you that your dental time is over for today! :) Isn't it wonderful to be free and at home? Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear things went well--and that they are over for you, at least for now. Each day has enough trouble of it's own! You can make it through the next dentist appointment at the proper time. God will help you. I prayed for you last night before bed--and ended up dreaming about you and Jason when I was sleeping! Dreamed I went to visit in Texas and you and Jason came and picked me up from the bus station! So you have definately been in my thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories