Sunday, November 7, 2010

Some Hope for Parkinson's Patients

While I was checking out a friend's friend's blog post - I found a link to something that is very important for anyone struggling with Parkinson's. Because my husband was diagnosed last year with Early Onset Parkinson's - I really enjoy reading articles that show a glimmer of hope that there maybe are steps being made towards finding things to actually help with this disease.

For Parkinson's and I am sure that there are other diseases out there that don't have any cures - just meds. that might help with symptoms - it is very encouraging to see that there are still studies being done trying to find help or even maybe cures. How awesome would that be?!!!

Anyway enough talking about it - here is the link to the article.

Ok - once you read the above link - here are a few of my thoughts. It is said that Coenzyme Q10 could be a helpful thing for people with Parkinson's well I remember when we went to the Parkinson's symposium back in April - that they had said the only problem with people taking it is that you have to take quite a bit of it -and that the average person could not afford to pay for the amount of Coenzyme Q10 - well we are average folks for sure so it would be very difficult for us.

Here is a link that explains some benefits of Coenzyme Q10 - if you scroll down - you will find where it talks of alot of different things that it could help - well for Parkinson's it says you would have to take 300 - 2,400 mg daily. Well as you can see it would be very expensive.

But here is the good news - maybe if they have figured out that the function and protection of the Mitochondria is very important - maybe that will open some new doorways of areas to study. I know it has me asking questions and seeing what I can figure out. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Dave takes COQ 10 for his illness too. It is good for so many things,
    Have a blessed day.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision