Monday, September 21, 2020

Money Saving Idea - Homemade Taco Seasoning

There are many benefits to watching youtube channels. They inspire me to learn new things and to think outside the box. And today's post is just one thing that I have done as a result of watching youtube. 

As someone was showing all the things that they dehydrate and such and had them in canning jars - I thought about my homemade taco seasoning that I make. I have a set of these Tupperware Spice containers, which I love! So here is my taco seasoning: 
I believe it holds about 1/2 cup or so of seasoning so I had made my recipe fit this container. Well after watching some youtube videos and being inspired - I decided to increase my recipe so that I could fill up a pint jar. This way any time I run low in this container I can go get my pint jar of it and refill it. This will save me time. 

So I added all my seasonings to this jar and this is what it looked like, minus 2 tablespoons of cumin. I ran out and had to buy some to finishing this batch up. 

Here is my recipe: 

1/2 C. Chili Powder 
6 T. Cumin 
7 T. Paprika 
1/4 C. Onion Powder 
3 T. Garlic Powder 

So I measured everything out and put it in my jar. Then I put the lid on and shook it up really good. 

There you have it a pint of Taco Seasoning! I am so happy to have this all made up waiting for me. It will save me time in the long run instead of sometimes having to make up a batch when I am needing to make something. I may eventually make enough to fill up a quart sized jar, but for now I am happy with this amount made up. 

You can adjust it to what ever matches your taste better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity