Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Learning New Skills

I bought a couple of boxes of apples and a box of peaches from Idaho. Once I got them I had to get busy. I had lots to do. Thankfully my husband helped me with the first batch of apple sauce. I was a little intimated with the process and with a new tool for my kitchen(see below). 


Washed all the apples and we got the apples cut into sections 

We used several different varieties for one of the recipes that I used. It is suppose to give the applesauce more depth by using different apples. I also found a great recipe for Honey Crisp apples sauce so I did a couple batches of it as well. 

Next step was to cook them until they were soft enough to use in my new toy. 
By the way - I love this pan - I will probably share a post about it in the coming days. It is a great quality pan. I am hoping to get the smaller size as well. 

Here is my new toy. My friend told me about how this made making apples sauce so much easier! I love it - once I got it put together correctly. lol 
Here is a bowl of the skins, cores, and seeds that was pushed out the end of my new toy. 

I ended up making 2 batches of applesauce, 2 batches of honey crisp applesauce, 1 batch of apple butter and 1 batch of peach butter. 

The peach butter recipe that I used had more spices in it than I will use next time. 
I like to use recipes the way it is the first time then taste and see what tweaks we need to make the the recipe. So changes will be made to this recipe for sure. 

Here is what the two different batches of apples sauce look like. One recipe calls for cinnamon one does not. Love them both! 


And here is the reward for all of the work!! 
Peach butter on my homemade raisin/walnut bread!
Yummy!!!! 








 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it turned out fantastic! Good for you! You will love eating the results of your hard labor this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it! Wish I had have learned this skill a long time ago. :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity