Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Why Did I Wait SO Long?

I purchased this Deluxe Kithcen Crop 4 tray Seed Sprouter 1 year ago.  Added a link just in case anyone wanted to check it out. No I don't get any credit for anything - I will not be doing that on my blog. My purpose of showing you things is only for your information.  Also these photos came from the listing of this on Amazon. It runs about $21.91 on Amazon.
Anyway I bought it a year ago and I was overwhelmed with learning how to use it. I don't understand why because yesterday when I decided it was time to use it I read through the directions and washed it all up so it would be ready for this morning and it all clicked. I don't know why I get overwhelmed with things sometimes. But I knew it was time to learn this great art. It is important to get all the nutrition that we can get. Especially through these chaotic times. I don't know about you but I have been eating more sweets than I should from the extra stress and I want to get back to giving my body the things it needs and I felt this was one important way to do that.

 As you have figured out by now I have been watching prepper/homestead youtube videos lately. Many different people seem to think that things are fixing to get really tough and that it is a good idea to have extra supplies, food, medical stuff etc on hand. And I tend to believe them. I remember back in 1999 - people thought that when it turned 2000 that there would be a huge issue with computers and many people stocked up then as well. And we all know that there didn't seem to be any major issues. Well I would love to think that this upcoming election is not going to cause a major chaotic mess - but I am afraid that no matter which way it goes we are headed for tough times. And me learning to sprout seeds is one way I can help myself be more prepared.

This came with a small thing of Alfalfa seeds so I started those on Monday morning. Directions say to pour 2 cups of water over them 3 times a day. I can't wait to start having the sprouts to use in my salads and such! One of the videos that a friend sent to me that had a whole bunch of truth on it stated - 2020 Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I hope that you my friends are preparing for the worse. I would be very unhappy with myself if we do hit some hard times and I did not take the time to share these thoughts with you and warn you. So what else will I be trying this week? Dehydrating some potatoes- I have them on hand ready to get process. I will just have to start it early cause the book says it could take 6-8 hours - one of the youtubers that dried some potatoes said it took 10 hours for hers - I think. I will try to share the video if any of you are interested in it. I am thinking it might be good to have these things on hand just in case. 

 Hope for the Best 
Prepare for the Worst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar