Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Benefits of Sprouting

So I was wondering about how nutritious sprouting can be and I found some interesting things.  First of all I was surprised at the fiber content of sprouts - it is actually pretty high for a small amount. And since it is very healthy to get a lot of fiber in your diet - just this one fact makes sprouting a great idea!! 

I was happy to see how eating sprouted alfalfa can help lower cholesterol! That is awesome - you can bypass the meds that have side effect and go for sprouts instead!!  






I don't think I got a photo of some great information about broccoli seeds and sprouting them - broccili along with all of the cruciferous family - which are all very good for cancer fighting! So when you sprout broccoli seeds - you get a whole lot of cancer protection!! I am thankful that I ordered a pound of broccoli seeds already. This will be something I eat a lot of! :) 

So I have started lentils - but I am guessing it will take a little bit longer to sprout lentil seeds. By sprouting the lentils it makes it easier for the body to absorb the vitamins and minerals. Sprouted lentils are a great source of Vitamin C, B vitamins, and carotene! 

There are many benefits- you can look up more if you are interested. I just wanted to share a few. You can eat them straight up, you can add to salads, sandwiches, wraps, and add to smoothies.

 I did read if you cook them it takes away from the nutritious value. So keep that in mind! 

We have just touched the edge of the iceberg in information on sprouting. I hope this helps you along your journey. :O) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity