Thursday, September 10, 2020

I Struck Gold!

As you all know that I have just recently gotten into canning. 
My husband and I started making strawberry jam about 6 years ago or so. We have not made any in the last several years. Still eating on what we made! 
Well recently I have been learning about how to store food in canning jars and getting into canning more. As you have noticed from recent posts I am storing my dehydrated things in canning jars. You can use a food saver several different ways in order to pull the air out of the jars and seal the lids on. 

If you are a canner I am guessing you have noticed it has been increasingly harder to find canning lids. I have found the lids and rings sold together, but for the past month that I have been looking for canning supplies I have NOT seen lids at all until last week. I was so excited to find them at one of our local Walmarts stores. . They were $3.18 a box. I am guessing that is an increase in price but I went ahead and bought 2 boxes just to have. 
My best advice for you is to check out the canning section of our stores every time you go in - you may be surprised as was I! Just keep checking back!! :O) 
 

By the way - I actually have a "My Best Deal" post coming up Sunday - don't forget to come by and check it out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity