Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Update on the Sprouting

So last week I shared how I had bought one of these seed sprouters and how I had finally started using it. I regret waiting so long to give it a try. It has been so easy to use. Basically you put about 1 1/2 tsp. I think the directions said a Tablespoon but I felt that was way too much so I only went with 1 1/2 tsp or so per level. Then you stack them up. The green lid goes on top and you are able to pour 2 cups of water into it. The water will slowly drain down to each level and end up in the bottom green section. Three times a day you are to pour a fresh 2 cups of water over the top.

 And in a week I had a great harvest. My flash on my phone washed out the color but you can still see. 

Now if there are several of you eating the sprouts then maybe you would want to put more seed in each level - but since I am the only one eating the sprouts my 1 1/2 teaspoons was a great amount. Now a little secret that I have since learned from my Mom is that you may want to start a level one day and then start the second level the next day and so forth so that they will stagger on when they are ready. 

Oh!! I forgot an important step - so each time you water - you will move the top level down to the bottom level of clear sections. So you are always rotating them. This is very important. 

So once they get to where you want them - you can take that section and put saran wrap over it (or not - your choice) and put it in the fridge to eat on. 

Right now I have eaten 1 tray of sprouts and it is washed and ready to start tomorrow. I have started a tray of broccoli seeds. And I have 1 tray of alfalfa sprouts that I will move to the fridge more than likely tomorrow. 

A friend said that she was going to do some lentils - so I may actually start a tray of lentil sprouts the next time that I water my sprouter. That way I can see what they will do. 

I think this is an awesome way to get some great nutrition! 
There are many different way to do this - so if you are interested in sprouting do some research and find out what you think will work before for you. :O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar