Thursday, December 13, 2018

Released from oncologist

Time really does fly by! Five years ago when I was told I would have check ups every 3 months for the first 3 years and then every 6 months for 2 years I really thought it would never end. But here I was in the exam room after the Dr left and it hit me, I didn't have to go set up my next appointment. It was an emotional few minutes. Some joy and dancing along with some emotions from thinking of all I've been through over the last 5 years.

I got the all clear and told to see my gynecologist in a year. What a blessing to have made it this far!! Last year in November I attended the funeral of a friend who died of a rare combo of two aggressive cancers also in her uterus. In just a couple of weeks I will attend the funeral of a family friend who I've know since I was probably 5 years old. She passed away from breast cancer. Every time someone passes away with cancer the reality of how serious cancers is comes back to me. There are always some emotions to work through. And then there is gratitude that I am still here. It is a true blessing from God. It means He still has a job for me to do or lessons I need to learn. May I listen to His leading and learn the lessons He has for me.

Five years goes by quickly even when it doesn't seem to. And honestly maybe we wouldn't even notice how quickly if we did not have situations in which, like my experience, that you have to see the oncologist for 5 years. Had that not happened I may not have realize how quickly time really does tick by. We need to make our time count. What can we do to make our time count? Just something to ponder.


2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)