Monday, December 24, 2018

A blessing to me in many different ways

This week I will be sharing this post from this series today since tomorrow is Christmas and I just felt like I needed to do something different for Christmas.

Today's post will actually be the reason that I started this series. It was a blessing to me and as I wrote up the post and was thinking I realized that there were many different reasons that my new church is a blessing to me. I wanted to share with you all just in case it would encourage you along your journey. Maybe God is leading you to make a change maybe He just wants you to notice the blessing that you have at your church. I don't know but I felt led by God to share these things with you.

I really don't like conflict. I don't like to be around it and I try to avoid it. But that is not always the healthiest way to deal with things and my new Sabbath School is teaching me that. In my Sabbath School class we have any where from 10-20 some odd people each week. And so of course there may end up being some people that may not agree with what the book that we are reading has said so they may bring it up. Or maybe they don't agree with a point that the teacher has made. I really appreciate my Sabbath School teach and her ability to listen and stay calm- in fact she says she likes for people to speak up. That might be because she is married to a lawyer. What ever the case she is helping me learn that it's alright to have a difference of opinion and it doesn't mean that we don't like whoever we disagree with, we just disagree.

Anyway I really am happy to have the opportunity to be in a class that has moments that to me and my personality might be a bit uncomfortable, but I am learning slowly that it doesn't have to be a tense moment. We may disagree with someone's opinion but we can still like them as a person. This is just one of the many blessings that I have in my new church.

Come back next week when we will look at the next blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)