Saturday, December 15, 2018

Not only knows, but loves us as well

This song means so much to me. I feel like I have struggled with acceptance of who I am for many years. It more than likely stems from my people pleasing tendencies. Over the last 10 years I have come to realize that people pleasing is not healthy. My focus should not be trying to please people.

Jesus and bringing glory to Him should be my focus.

I still struggle with the sting that comes when you feel that you are not accepted. So every time I hear this song it is like a salve to my soul.



God loves us and accepts up as we are but He doesn't leave us there. God is a God of freedom and never forces us to do anything,  that is why it is so important for us to be willing. And if we are willing He will work with us to perfect our characters.

"For I am confident of this very thing,
 that He who has began a good work 
in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." 
 Philippians 1:6 NAS 

As we spend time with Him we will come to reflect HIs character more and more.

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." NAS 


"As all of us reflect the glory of the Lord with unveiled faces, we are becoming more like Him with ever-increasing glory by the Lord's Spirit." NIV
~2 Corinthians 3:18
(both same verse - just different versions) 

It seems like such a slow process so often but we need not give up hope. We are not only known but also loved by Him! He knows and loves us! I am so thankful!! How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories