Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A blessing to me in many different ways

I spent about 20 years at my last church. About a year ago or so I began to feel discouraged about my church life. I felt like I needed to make a move. I felt like I had made as many friends as I was ever going to make at that church.

I was a bit intimidated about the idea of finding a new church. I am very lucky to live in an area that has quite a few Seventh-day Adventist churches. In June I decided to check out a nearby church and an amazing thing happened, God worked the details out so perfectly that by the time I went home- I knew that was where God wanted me. Going to this new church has blessed me in many ways and I am going to be sharing with you some of the ways that I have been blessed in a series called "A blessing to me in many different ways."

Today I want to share the first blessing. I have so enjoyed the ability to meet new people and make new friends. It is a very large church and it can feel over whelming at times but I think it is important to be involved if at all possible in order to meet new people. I have attended a "Tatting" class, picked out a Sabbath School class, and helping with the food bank. And it looks as if I will also be helping with funeral meals. Going to this big of a church they have to have several different teams of people so that no one gets burned out.

A couple of weeks ago a new friend invited me over to show me some basics about my new Instant Pot. Not only did she show me the basics but she had made me a binder with a lot of the important basic information needed to use the Instant Pot. She went above and beyond! While I was there she offered to take me to a grocery store that runs awesome deals - this store in about a 45 minute drive and I had never been there before. We also decided to check out the weighing Goodwill. I had never been there either. So last week we spent a good part of the day looking for good deals- in things and food!!

Another lady from my Sabbath School gave me a beautiful fan because I was hot and she said she is not having much problems with hot flashes any more. What a sweet lady!!

Going to the new church opened some doors for me that otherwise would have remained shut. I am so thankful that I followed God's leading. All I had to do was take the first step and He graciously led the way and gave me signs for me to know I was headed in the right direction.

Come back next week when I share the next blessing.

3 comments:

  1. I love this story. What a blessing to have new friends who are friendly right from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. It pushes me out of my comfort zone in many different ways but God is using it to grow me. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories