Friday, December 7, 2018

Inspire

A couple of weeks ago we talked a little about the word inspire. The room was quiet as we all thought of how we would answer the question, "What does the world 'inspire' mean?" One lady gave a profound answer that has had me pondering it ever since. She basically said:

"In order to be inspired you have to have an internal willingness." 

This explains a lot of me. When I go to health seminars and learn really good information I want to share it with who ever I can. And I hope that it will inspire them as it has me, but that doesn't always happen.

It's easier to inspire other when you have a passion for something, but unless the other party is open and willing to be inspired- they will not be.

Another interesting point came out in our discussions:

"Inspire don't require." 

This was advice given to a homeschool mother that helped shape the way she taught her daughters. 

Each of the daughters played a musical instrument and when they seemed to be losing interest in playing the instrument she would find a concert or something to take the girls to - to inspire them and it worked! 

Who has inspired you? 

What has inspired you? 

I have been contemplating these questions myself and here are a few things that I discovered:

  • Going to my quilt guilt meetings inspire me 
  • Going to nutritional classes or health seminars inspire me 
  • Beauty inspires me 
  • Reading some blog posts inspire me 
  • Reading my Bible or good uplifting books inspire me  
God gives us beauty to inspire us to worship Him. Just listen to the birds - they love to sing praises to God! 

These are just a few of my thoughts and ideas about the word inspire. 

I wonder what will be the next thing to inspire me? It will be interesting to find out? 

I would love to hear from you - What inspires you? :O) 

*****************************************************
Just a note to let you know that it will probably be sometime next week before I am able to blog again. We will have our granddaughter this week end and I want to focus my time on her. Next week I have several important appointments. Pray that they go good and everything is good. Thank you :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking