Tuesday, January 16, 2018

When it's cold outside

When it is cold outside it is the best time to:
  • make a big pot of soup or stew or stoup as our family calls it. When I was growing up my family called it stew and my husbands family called it soup- so we call it stoup. lol
  • make cornbread
  • bake potatoes or sweet potatoes
  • make bread
  • make granola
Why?
 Because it helps keep the house warm.

So it is a good idea to keep the supplies on hand to make your favorite recipes- just in case a winter blast comes your way.

It is also a good time to work on special projects. For me - quilting and organizing are great ways to use your time when you are cooped up inside because of bad weather.

I have also taken advantage of being inside to work on a project of copying my favorite recipes for a new method or storing my recipes. I found some awesome pages for a smaller binder- these pages hold 2 of the large 4x6 index cards. So I am copying my recipes from the 3x5 cards they are on now - to the bigger cards. It will be great when I am finished.
(Not the best photo but you get the idea)

I found these pages(with the 4x6 recipe cards already in them) at a favorite thrift store. I paid 50 cents for them all. There were 30 pages- with 2 cards each- that totals 60 recipes that I can have in this - and if I want to I could put 120 cards. Right now I only have 2 per page- so I can turn page to see the back of the recipe cards. I think I will keep it this way - at least for now. I already had the small binder- I had found it at a thrift store for 1.00 or so and couldn't pass it up. I had had to buy a few of them with another project I worked on a while back and when I saw it I couldn't pass it up. Now I am thankful that I got it. It makes this project cost me less than 2.00 plus my time. That is a good deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking