Friday, January 19, 2018

4 years ago today....

I remember it like it was yesterday. And yet it was 4 years ago. It was a Thursday. I was on my way to get groceries. My hair felt so bouncy and healthy. I began to think that I was one of the lucky ones. You know the ones that don't lose their hair due to chemo. But sadly the very next day... Like clockwork I notices I was losing quite a bit of hair while taking my shower.  I say clockwork because I was told that with the chemo drugs I was taking that 14 days after your first chemo is when you lose generally lose your hair.

Our son had his daughter that weekend so I did my best to be as gentle with my hair as possible. I knew it would be hard for her and so we waited till she was headed back to be with her mom on Sunday afternoon- exactly 4 years ago today- to shave my head.

I remember sitting on the toilet lid-while my husband shaved my head- I was praying. I ask God to help me like what I saw in the mirror. I'm not gonna say it was easy- but it wasn't as traumatic as it would have been had I not ask God to help me. He gave me strength and courage. And I am ever so grateful for that. Throughout that journey as I would begin to struggle with seeing myself without hair I would pray again and He was faithful.

Today on the 4th anniversary of that fateful day I am so very grateful that I have hair. It will never be something that I take for granted. Had I not experience hair loser- I may have taken the special blessing of having hair for granted.

We need to exam our lives and see what things in our lives we take for granted. There are many blessing that we don't even acknowledge. Today I am taking time to acknowledge not only the blessing of having hair but praising God for all the blessings!

Also, I don't know if I'm trying to get sick, if this anniversary is really affecting me, or what? But for the past week I have felt run down. And I'm feeling a bit concerned. I'd sure appreciate some extra prayers. Thanks so much. :)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories