Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Getting Ready for the Cold Front

I only thought I would get a chance to get some posts written up. I really wanted to and I am looking forward to getting a chance to spend some time on the computer. But here is what happened: Tuesday was a beautiful day - the temps actually got up to about 63 degrees - the warmest it has been here for a while and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get to the park to get a good walk in. I had seen the weather reports and knew that in a day or two we would have another cold front go through. Because of this, I decided to get some of the jobs out in the yard done that I had been really wanting to do. I had some weed eating that really needed to be done and I needed to pull our old, dead okra plants out of the ground- I only got half of these pulled - the ones I could. Will have to work a bit harder or get a shovel to get the rest of them up. I also dumped our compost bin out into the garden in a couple of places and spread stuff out. I really want to get more of our garden in great shape so that we will get even more produce this year! I got my bird feeder filled up and even my squirrel feeder.

Today - I got a long over due hair cut. And while I was in town hit a couple of thrift stores. That was fun. Didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked to because we had some things that needed to be done. Remember me telling you that a cold front was coming? Well it is suppose to be here tomorrow afternoon. We really needed to restock our wood pile - so we had to go get a load of wood. And we got a good amount of it stacked here in the house.

Since I use a hose out the front door to clean our fish tank - I figured I better get that job done as well before it got cold. And then I made up a batch of my banana breakfast bread. I love that stuff and it had been a while since I have had it so that is what I made. The bread is now cooling off.

I am very tired but very thankful that I was able to get a good amount of things done. I look forward to getting back on soon and writing some posts. Maybe tomorrow. But tomorrow is Dr day for my husband and also our granddaughters b-day and we should get to see her for a couple of hours - if the weather holds up. So another full day. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking