Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Experiencing a kind of grace

This week-end I went to a little thrift store in a town nearby. As I walked in the door the lady that runs the place informed me that she was still doing her sale of 25 cents per item - That is except the clothes, shoes and purses - those things were 1.00 a piece. At first my heart kind of dropped because she had this same sale going the week before and I was afraid that nothing new would have been put out with her continuing to do the sale- but I was wrong.
 
My husband had asked me to look for a filing container that you attach to the wall and can put things into the several slots. And first off I spotted one on the floor. I quickly got it and thought of sending him a photo - but since it was clear - I realized it wouldn't take that great of a photo so I decided to wait. I continued to look and found a couple of neat things here and there. I found a couple of tubs, a crockpot cookbook, a Gardening with Children book and a kind of coat rack - that you put on the wall.
And I was looking just to make sure I hadn't missed anything I looked at the shelving behind where I had found my husband file thing - and lo and behold I found this:
My heart danced! I had seen one in someone's yard and had loved it. I had wanted one for myself but just couldn't bring myself put money towards one since we had a lot of hospital bills we need to get paid off and all.

This gem was not in the best shape- but no worries - my husband was able to reattach the two sides that were really loose or screw all the way out. And I was able to hang it in the tree. And fill it up with birdseed!  
I have a couple of other feeders that I want to rearrange, and hopefully by the time that I post this blog post - I will have been able to take care of that. It is just quite chilly today with the wind blowing so I will wait till it is a bit warmer to take care of this job. There are plenty of things to do inside.
I am so thankful that God orchestrated things that no one else got this wonderful surprise while I was oblivious to it being there. There were at least several other ladies in the store shopping while I was there and walking back and forth where it sat. So I really see it a true blessing that this - a desire of my heart- was fulfilled even though I wasn't quick at noticing it.
Once I had it - another lady there commented on how cool it was.
What a true blessing this is to my heart! An "I love you" from God is what I like to think.
Be sure to be on the look out for "I love you's" from God- I think they are all around us - we just don't always take the time to notice them! :O)
 
Oh and did I mention - it was a quarter?!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! Definitely an "I love you" from your Creator and Savior!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)