Monday, January 1, 2018

Tin Can Soup

So several years ago a friend of mine shared a recipe with me. She called it 7 Can Soup. When I made the soup I decided to add to it a can of black beans. The last time I made it (this week) I added a can of lg. red kidney beans as well. You are free to add what ever else to this recipe that would make it better to you.

Tin Can Soup
2 cans Campbell's Minestrone Soup
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
2 cans Whole Kernel Corn
1 can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)

Take all the cans and just dump into a big pan. I simmer this for a while.

Because my husband likes meat - this is what I do: While the soup is simmering, I defrost ground beef. And I cook it by boiling it in water and then draining off all the water and grease. I take out part of the soup for me and then I add the cooked ground beef to the pan and cook for a little more.

Now I usually either make up some brown rice as well. And so when I eat this I put some brown rice in my bowl and then add the soup(without meat, of course.) Or I make up a pan of corn bread to eat with this. Either was is wonderful!

I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we have! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect for the chilly weather we are having here! And I really like how you make it work for both you and Jason!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking