Monday, January 22, 2018

Getting Refocused

Towards the beginning of last year - I lucked out and found these two great tops - both of which have the brand new tags on them. I paid less than 5.00 a piece for them. It was an awesome deal. They were too small when I got them - but I could get them on - and since I had set a goal of how much weight I wanted to lose- I was quite sure that by the time I reached my goal, they would fit. I love them both! They are very much my style!!!
This past week-end I took a few minutes to try these two tops on plus a few other pieces of smaller things that I have bought. I tried these things on for a very good reason. I wanted to get myself refocused on losing the rest of the weight that I need to lose to reach my goal. And the best way that I knew to do so was to pull out things that I know will be favorites once I am able to wear them. And sure enough I was more focused on  reaching my goal.

I was glad that I had gotten refocused because when I pulled out my journal - in which I am keeping up with my progress- I realized I had forgotten to record my weekly weight in it for the last several weeks. Oops...that can mean big trouble if I am not careful. It is when I get lax about what I am doing that can open the door to allowing the weight to come back on. Sadly I am still up a bit from my lowest point. But its not horrible. I made sure I recorded my weight for this week. And set it up with dates ready to continue recording my weight weekly.
 
I also looked and noticed that last year I only lost 7 pounds. Part of me is discouraged since it is such a small amount. But I realize that any lose is great and that at least I am not up from last year - and that could happen so easily - as I have seen over the holidays and a few extra pounds creeping on.
 
I am hoping I can lose at lease 7 pounds in 2018 - 10 would be better - but losing the rest to get to my goal would be awesome! But I am going to just continue to do the best I can do- that is all I can do.
 
How do you get refocused on goals you have set for yourself?
 

1 comment:

  1. Every improvement for our health is a step in the right direction! I remember a few years back when I realized I was UP 12 pounds over the year! That was discouraging, and I hadn't even realized I was gaining weight steadily! Now I am trying to do the same as you, and be more aware. I write my weight on a calendar I keep in my sewing room. That has helped me some, but I forget to weigh if I am doing it weekly, so instead do it daily but that can get me discouraged because you will go up and down and that doesn't mean you are truly gaining or losing weight. What helped me the MOST was recording my daily weight in the FitBit app. You do not even need to have a FitBit to download and use certain features of the app. When I record my daily weight in that app, I can look back easily and it will show me a graph of the past month, or three months, or year. That has made it MUCH easier for me to see the direction my weight is taking, and to know if I am overall going up or overall going down. It also tells me my weekly average, which is very helpful to me as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories