Sunday, January 21, 2018

Pink Dishes... A Special Gift

I was given a special gift a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to tell you about it.

A little back story so you can better understand why this gift is very special to me.

My husbands grandmother collected pink dishes. She had a large glass display cabinet in her home with many, many pink pieces. Every time we went to visit her - I would admire her lovely collection. I, SO, wish I had a photo of her collection - but this was way before we had cell phones.

My husband and I had hoped that when she passed that we could each pick a piece from her collection. But sadly, the collection disappeared. And we did not get any of it.

So a couple of weeks ago when my mother in law gave me this lovely salad bowl that came with 6 small salad bowl, you can imagine how very happy this made me!!! I found this photo from Ebay so you would know what I was talking about. I forgot to get a photo of mine before we put it in the hutch - and I guess I am being a bit lazy - since I decided instead of pulling the set out and getting a photo - that I got a photo from ebay instead.

Anyway I am very happy that we have this lovely set. It was really a gift from God.

I have another post about pink dishes that I will be writing up soon - it is another blessing from God - of answering the desire of my heart for pink dishes. Be looking for that post. Hopefully I can get it posted next week. :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)